Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROCOMM PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYKELB

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
US
Has anyone found a way to slow down the speed to 9600
using Procomm Plus connecting to Mitel systems?

Unfortunately I don't have Procomm on my machine but if you select the record you wish to edit and look in either connection settings or advanced options then amend the baud rate.

I'm using ProComm Plus with a Centigram (Mitel) voicemail without any problems - USRobotics 56K modems on both ends and the Centigram set for 9600. The Centigram's baud rate is set with these commands:

S) System Maintenance
P) Console/Serial Port Setup Menu
S) Set port attributes
B) Set baud rate for a port

I don't know if that's any help to you.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

if you click view, quick select options, you can pick the baud rate before or after a connection.. i haven't played with centigram in a year or two but didn't have a problem with centigram and procomm..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, the Centigram voicemail runs in QNix and has a Procomm-specific terminal mode which would be really nice if I could get it to recognize Procomm keys - it should work like a full-screen editor from back in the old BBS days. That'd let me make changes without pressing Enter 100 times to bypass params I'm not changing.

When I go to change a mailbox it wants me to press F5 but nothing happens. Same with any other F-key. Pressing an arrow key or Enter or Tab drops me back to the prior menu. Do you happen to know what keyboard emulation the Centigrams use? I've found nothing in the NuPoint docs about it.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

what i ended up doing way looking at the f-keys ona dumb term, then using alt f-8 to define the keys for procomm.. i think i used vt320.. the view quick select option lets you run past them a little quicker.. i went to centigram school up your way, chicago for two weeks in the dead of winter.. you can have it.. great traffic.. another unix system i play with uses tvi 910

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I found a comment in the manuals that talks about a keyboard file but it's not on any of the NuPoint's install diskettes and Mitel's web site doesn't give anything up without a salesman calling you (as if one would even know what I was talking about). I've tried every keyboard file ProComm has with no luck and I don't know what combinations the NuPoint is looking for so I'll just stick with a straight VT-100 and no fullscreen edit.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

the 1st time i had that type of problem was in merridian mail,, i did a capture on the f keys, that was showing the crtl sequence that mail needed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Unfortunately, it started out with a VT100 terminal so I can't capture what it's looking for. I'm sure a Mitel salesman will be calling me soon.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

that does make it tough... back in the day, i connected the receive pair to a second dumb term for a monitor the monotior screen.. it still didn't capture my f keys..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back