Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

procomm plus discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekow

Vendor
Nov 23, 2003
US
My customer just told me that Procomm Plus is not being sold/supported/licensed any more. Has anyone else heard this? If you have and if you rely on Procomm for scripting like I do and my customer does, what are your plans to replace Procomm?

Thanks
Rob

hi there i use this and have not heard about this happening but you can use hyper terminal , not sure how well it works but i have used it before

I am more concerned about scripting.....to my knowledge I can't do any scripting with PUTTY or Hyperterminal

Rob

You can still find it in stores though

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I moved to a product called ZOC from
Like procomm, you can do scripting and ZOC supports the rlogin protocol, so the scripting run alot faster over the network.

I thought they stopped supporting and developing it years ago...but no matter - I can use it for as long as I have need to - it works now and that ain't gonna change.

I use TeraTerm...it can be used with a serial port, telnet or ssh.

It has a nice scripting language. I've used it to enter NPA, NXX, CDP, etc.

Great program and it's free.

Just because it isn't supported by Symetec, doesn't mean 3rd party developers aren't. they have been doing it for years. just check gGoogle.

ace is right, i'd had heard that it was being dropped. but i don't expect it to go away. the company may stop putting it on my company laptop and if they do i'll start using my personal.. i'm sure it will be around for well over another 10 years and i will be well retired and doing woodworking.. without code or pc's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Woodworking!? But there's no lights or error messages on wood! Not even any buttons to turn it off and turn it back on again! What kind of crazy Flintstones world are you moving to?!?! ;-)

I use Reflection...it's great and is so much better for scripting and copy/paste functions! Let me know if you want a copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back