Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Plus Connection Directory file? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallertau

Technical User
Nov 15, 2011
US
Afternoon, was hoping to find some info here from other Procomm users. The maintenance provider I work for currently (remotely) supports 100s of older G3/Definity systems that run best over Procomm. Now we have techs who have been building their connection directory for years and have it pretty easy, pull up name, dial in and connect. Others like myself need to search out modem info and passwords. Not that taxing but it would be nice to have this info built right into Procomm.

My question is, does anyone know if Procomm saves all the directory entries in one file on the PC that I could use in place of my default (empty) directory? We did a similar operation for ASA (Site Administrator) and copied hundreds of entries over via Persist.dat and it worked beautifully. I am just having trouble finding out where Procomm stores all its user directory entries...

This would also be nice to have in-case someones PC takes a dump and they lose all their info.

Thanks in advance!

Probably version dependent but one was pw.dir Try searching for *.dir.

-CL

Procomm Plus 4.8 uses pw5.dir which by default installs to c:\Program Files\Symantec\Procomm Plus\pw5.dir

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

39 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 29 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Great, thanks guys I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back