Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

procomm plus and windows 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelunchpail

Technical User
Jul 20, 2003
CA
I've been away from this forum for quite a while but I have a problem that I hope someone here can help me with.
I have recently purchased a newer computer with Windows 10 and am in the process of getting all of my old programs working on it.
I have Procomm Plus 2.1 from 1995 running on XP on my old computer, but it won't load on my new one.
Does anyone know where I can find a more recent version, possibly 4.8 or any one that will load on windows 10?

Thank you

I have a copy of Procomm Plus 4.8 that is available via my link.
However, if you are running 64 bit, then there is an issue when disconnecting via the modem as it kills the computer.

32 bit seems to be fine. I'm not sure if a direct connection is OK?.

I tend to use ZOC as it allows you to run scripts.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I have a USB USRobotics Modem that I am using at the moment still on my old XP. I don't know if that would make a difference on hang up.
I don't require running scripts mostly just a few Adds, Moves, & Changes.
Is ZOC a better solution for my problem?

Great Web page!
Thank you

Hello Joe

I do like using ZOC as its good for SSH scripts. It does most of them including Rlogin etc.

ZOC uses the REXX scripting language and I've recently found that there is a forum on Tek-Tips.

Procomm 4.8 works fine on XP. I still use it where I can. Contact me if you need any more assistance.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you
I just got a new Monitor today. If I find a few more cords I will setup both systems side by side and begin transferring what I can.
With a few usb extension cables I can swap my key board and mouse back and forth without to much rigamarole.
Not a lot of room on my desk. The other thing I have to move is my MS Office and my invoice program. Ive been working with XP so long windows 10 is like learning Spanish or Ukrainian.

Thanks again

Stick XP on a VM and run it on your WIN 10, or like Firebird says use Zoc that's also what I use and its good, scripting language is easy to pickup and the Zoc Application comes with full Manual of the Zoc Rexx commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back