Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Plus 4.8 will not display when using a modem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imnotsaying

Technical User
Oct 1, 2014
CA
Hello all,

I have Procomm Plus 4.8 on a Win7 (64 bit) PC.

I can use this program without issue when connecting with a serial to USB adapter and a serial cable to a com/maintenance port on a device.

However, I cannot get anything working when using either a USB 56K Modem (USRobotics), a NetModem Client connection, or any other modem. I can connect to the remote modem, but nothing comes up on my display. When I first installed the USB 56K USR modem, it did work. But only the first time I used it. I un-installed and re-installed and again it worked first time only. I did another un/re-install but it has never worked since. Now when I add the other modems and try them, I can connect, but nothing on my display.

Any ideas?

Usually when no information shows up on screen, it's a sign of an IRQ conflict. To test this, select the Data | Modem Command Mode menu item in Procomm. I'm not on a machine with a modem at the moment, but you should get set an OK response from the modem, as well as a message stating that the modem is no longer available for other applications (this is from Procomm, not the modem). Try typing AT and then press Enter. You should get an OK response, as well as seeing the AT echoed on screen. If not, and the modem has a speaker, trying typing ATDT followed by Enter. If the computer is communicating with the modem, you should head dialtone over the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back