Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Plus 4.8 on Windows Server 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelGuy1979

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
US
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and have not read it in depth. However, I did search using the terms 2003, W2k3, 2k3, etc, with no luck.

Does anyone know if PCP will work ok on Windows Server 2003 in a multi-user / terminal server environment? We are wanting to change out our terminal server from 2000 to 2k3 and are unsure of any compatibility issues we may run into.

Any information would be appreciated - thank you!
-Matthew

Matt H. - Technical Support Engineer

I believe that I have worked with a client or two in the past running Procomm on Windows 2003, but I don't recall the specific scenario they were running under. I'm not familiar enough with Citrix to say this for sure, but I was thinking that running Procomm on such an environment was not doable for some reason. Another possible issue is that Procomm has some user-specific files (Connection Directory, parameter file, etc.) that I think didn't work well in a multi-user scenario, but again I'm iffy on the details as it has been awhile since I've done such work.

The support team in our company uses a Windows 2003 R2 Terminal Server hosted on a VMWare ESX 3.5 virtual machine, using 8 virtual modems from a Digi PortServerII (phew!)

ProComm just won't die. I'd like it to, but it just won't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back