Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm Logsout After Script Executed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrahead

Technical User
Mar 9, 2010
GB
Hi,

Here's my current setup:

I use Procomm to login to our Unix system.
Once I am logged on for security reasons communications are cut via a switch which doesn't allow data through.
30 or so minutes later that switch is turned back on to allow data to flow.
I am still connected and use ALT-F5 to execute a script which then runs on Unix to send some data.

Here's what needs to happen:
I use Procomm to login to our Unix system.
Once I am logged on for security reasons communications are cut via a switch which doesn't allow data through.
I use ALT-F5 to execute the script
When the switch is turned back on to let data flow my script runs instantly without me needing to do anything and the data gets sent automatically when the switch lets the data through.

At the moment if I try and run the script before the switch is turned back on then when the data is allowed to flow it doesn't run and we get logged out of Unix.

Any ideas? Is there someway I can get this script to run as soon as the switch goes up. I guess it needs to constantly try and run the command which will be successful when the switch is turned on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Is there any data that you can look for (a prompt or something similar) to determine when the data is flowing again? If so, you could use the when target command to look for that, then call a procedure to execute your existing script. Another option might be to use when $RXCOUNT or $RXDATA to detect when data has been sent and launch your existing script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back