Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procomm & Telnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pboudreau01

Technical User
Mar 10, 2008
US
Hi,

I am using Procomm to access my Cisco hardware. I am trying to find out if there is a way to enable the up arrow to repeat the last command in the Cisco cli? I know that I can highlight the last command and select copy to port, I was just wondering if there is a way to use the up arrow key instead. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

On my computer, using Procomm, it just works.

Select 'Options/keyboard editor' and see what your up arrow is mapped as.

On my system it is '^[[A' (without the single quotes.)

Also, Control-P should act the same way if you can't get the up arrow to work.

Thanks kodr. I remapped the key and it now works. What terminal emulation do you use? I had mine set for vt320.

x20 allows the app to define the soft keys, vt 100 does not. the good thing is with either you can use scripts and telnet on your routers.. you can use your metakeys to fire a telnt script that connects and logs in to each site, as well as your command it sho nei or show run..

i used procomm back in my cisco days to automate any commands that i didn't want to repeat.. a quick script to log into each box, run a couple of commands and telnet to the next site made for an easy morning read

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

fyi, the keyboard map works.. metakeys can also be used to send any key sequence

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back