Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAK

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2000
US
Can anyone tell me if AMD is a good processor? The one I'am looking at is a 800 mhz computer.

In my experience AMD processors are more stable and give you better &quot;bang for the buck&quot; then Intel processsors. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

A friend of mine is going to buy one and I told him I know nothing about them. I always get intels. I didn't want to tell him they were okay and they weren't.

AMD chips are now surpassing Intel chips in performance. They are MS Windows certified.

I have bought 2 amd's now and am totally satisfied...I'm never gonna buy INTEL

They're cheaper, compatible, and lose nothing when moving to them. There's absolutely nothing to lose, in fact, as these people see, you may gain. <p>REH<br><a href=mailto:hawkdogg@crosswinds.net>hawkdogg@crosswinds.net</a><br><a href= by Linux</a><br>Learn Linux and Leave out the Windows :)

I have two computers both a AMD K6-2/350<br>
downstairs, and a AMD K6-2/450 overclocked<br>
to 500 upstairs(my baby), and i'm looking<br>
to get an Athlon 650(get this if yer gona<br>
get amd, anythnig after the 650 has a<br>
rediculous price tag, and 650 is easily<br>
overclockable to past 800 with the right<br>
cooling) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@bellsouth.net>kb244@bellsouth.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Also you should wait up for the VIA KX133 chipset, it'll<br>
provide Athlon board makers with AGP 4X and 133Mhtz memory<br>
bus, and some other features i dont remeber <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@bellsouth.net>kb244@bellsouth.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back