Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDFREEK

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
GB
I have a jetway motherboard and it will only take a 600 Intel Celeron i have now a Intel Pentium 2 400 can i just put the processor in or will i have to change the jumper settings and change the settings in the Bios. Also if i get a 900 celeron will it still work or will it damage my motherboard. I Know it will only run at 600 but this is the only celeron i can get my hands on at the moment.

You should go to the jetway's webpage:
Get the latest manual for your board and perhapse grab a bios-update from there.

The update could perhapse enable the use of a faster CPU. (> 600 MHz)
In the manual you should find the jumper-settings you are looking for. (I think changing the setting will be necessary) patrick.metz@epost.de

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as I know there should be no problem in running your CPU at a clock speed lower than its max.
Also I don't think it is possible for a CPU to damage the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back