Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processor Comparison 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
I had asked in this thread ( about a way to compare any two processors. I finally found the page I had remembered. If you just google something like "E7400 vs. AMD Athlon II X4 620", the first match is from CPU-WORLD and it shows them head to head strengths and weaknesses.

The search above yields: Link

I need this a lot because I get tons of old PCs and I want to pick the best of the bones to build something for someone else. Otherwise, it's hard to compare across AMD/Intel and especially over time. I then give them away to good causes or surly relatives.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

I must have missed the old post, been using cpu-world compare for a while now. I also like notebookcheck for comparisons of cpu and gpu. what I like is there is a chart for tested model numbers, so you can see how a Dell and HP compare with the same cpu/gpu or APU if it is AMD.

My surly relatives will thank you for the link. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back