Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

processing files in directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav136

Technical User
Oct 3, 2003
AT
Hello,

What I need is a VBScript, that processes all the files in a given directory. It should be in sequence of their creation date&time.

how can i do that using the scripting.filesystem?

thanks
dav

And what have you so far ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

hmm.. i was looking for the equivalent of the (VBA) Dir("*.*") method, but didn't come up with something useful.

I've discovered that VBA doesn't read my files in the sequence of creation. I'm not sure, but it looks like the files are sorted by only the minute of the creation date, and since I do have many files created in short period, they are sorted by the filename as well.

I hoped VBS could bring more clarity.

dav

Have you searched this forum? This and similar questions have been addressed many times.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

I found a script that suits my needs. I had been looking in the wrong direction before, not thinking about the folders object.

Thanks

Dav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back