Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processing and Removing bad emails automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaintenanceMadeEasy

Programmer
Jun 1, 2003
US
I am looking for a more direct approach to removing bad emails from our customer database. Currently, I have an Application written in VB that interfaces with MS Outlook. When a NDR is received, the application finds the bad email address and removes it from the database. I would like to remove Outlook from the equation and interface with Exchange server directly using VB.net. So far, I have found tons of stuff to send emails, but none to process and delete the bad ones. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to code this directly in .net and stay away from additional 3rd party components.

Thanks!

How does Exchange server store the emails?
Is it in a database and can you access the database directly, with sql script?

Does MS give you any room to create your own components or scripts for Exchange? If they do it would be in the help files.

I looked at using Exchange server, but it was very expensive, so I created my own, but sorry i can't give you that code :D

The Exchange SDK includes some managed code samples - not sure if the samples will do what you want but it's a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back