Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processing analysis services cube at specific time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmckernan

Programmer
Apr 4, 2003
GB
Hi

Im at a loss
I want to be able to use DTS to process a cube at a specific time every day, say 9am every night. I know there is some DTS control that lets me do this...does anyone know what it is or where it is and how it is used.
Any help is greatly appreciated...

Gavin

Assuming your running SQL Server 2000:

* Create a DTS script
* Add a "Analysis Services Processing Task"
* Select your server and your cube and decide whether not you want a full process or refresh etc...
* Save the package and close it
* Right hand click on it and select Schedule Job
* Set-up when you want it to run and click OK

What you've done there is to create a job that will run your DTS script whenever you specified it to. One thing to check is that the SQL Server Agent service is running on your server otherwise the schedule won't work.

If you want to change the schedule at any point just locate the Job in Enterprise Manager under:

Management>SQL Server Agent>Jobs

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thanks for this Mike
I am now able to go in and schedule a time for a DTS package to be executed. However I make the settings (For example process pacakage every Monday at 6.00)
When I go back into the scheduler..IT DOESNT SEEM TO SAVE THE SETTINGS AND IT JUST RETURNS TO THE DEFAULT !!!!
Is this normal...is it accually processing it ??

Any help appreciated...

gavin@filuresoft.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back