Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processing a cube with DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhbotha

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
ZA
I get the following error when a try to process a cube by scheduling it through DTS:

DTSRun: Loading...
Error: -2147221005 (800401F3); Provider Error: 0 (0)
Error string: Invalid class string
Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package
Help file: sqldts80.hlp
Help context: 713

Any ideas or help on this?
Jhbotha

Hi, Jhbotha

there are no enough details in your problem description...

how do you run the dts?
what version of SQL are you using?
Describe the steps of the DTS...
Is the dts falling inside its steps or before it begins to do its first step?
Issahar Gourfinkel
senior software engineer
Israel

I was having the same problem. My os is 2000 professional and I am running MSSQL 7.0. One of my programers created the dts package and everytime I tried to view or execute I would get the invalid class string. The way I resolved was installing service pack3 for MSSQL 7.0.

My new problem now is I can run the DTS package from my desktop but when I schedule the task I get the following error.

DTSRun: Loading... Error:-214220964 (8004021C); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: OLAP Services must be installed on this computer and the user must be a member of the OLAP Administrators group in order to create an OLAP processing task. Error source: OLAP Services Processing Task Help File: Help Context: 10004400. Process Exit Code 1. This step failed.

First of all I could not find any documentation to help me decipher the error. But I believe what I should do is add the local administrator account to the OLAP administrators group. Has anyone else encountered this. Any help is appreciated.

I think I know why it is happening
the user that your SQL Server Agent is using must be part of the OLAP Administrators group

Please, go to the SQLServerAgent service in services panel and open it settings and see which user it is using. If is system account - fix it to be user that is OLAP Administrator.

Close the setting dialog and restart the workstation(may be stop/run the service will help to apply these settings too)

Please, notify me if it helped you.
(I expect for one star at least :))) )
Have a nice day
Issahar
senior software engineer

Thank you for the advise. I added the local administrator account to the olap administrators account and now am able to execute and schedule my dts package.

I do have another issue. I have a data analyst who has an NT box. It has service pack 6a for the os and service pack 1,2,3 for sql7.0, service pack 1,2 for OLAP with the dts.exe. When he tries to create or open an exisiting dts package we get the following errors.

DTS Designer Error:
Could not create components categories manager.

Do you happen to know what would be the resolution to this error.

Thanks for your help.

It never happened to me, bless to G-d.
:)

May be it will help to reinstall the SQL server and the OLAP.
...and don't forget the next fact:
when you have installed the OLAP Service pack , the dts support for this service pack is still not installed - you must run the file DTSTasks.exe
to complete the installation of this service pack for DTS for OLAP task...

and why you don't use the OLAP Service pack 3?
Issahar
senior software engineer
Israel

I tried installing the OLAP Service pack 3 and recived
following error: Cannot continue setup file C:\winntsystme32\mscal.ocx is problably in use by another program
Close all programs and run setup again. I stopped the
mssql service and exited the sql server manager and adgent.

Do you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Reboot did not help. I actually renamed the file and was able to finish the installation. I then rebooted went into enterprise manager and tried to open or create a dts package and recived the same darn error as before.

DTS Designer error
Could not create components categories manager.

Does anyone know what this means.

This is a nt box, with mssql 7.0 and olap with sp3 for olap and sp2 for mssql 7.0.

I appreciate any help.[thumbsup]

Can I use ProClarity OLAP client on Pervasive SQL2000
database ?. If not, how can I create Cube in MS SQL DTS
which will hava data from Pervasive SQL200 database ?

I appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back