Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processes Hangs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimalik

Technical User
Aug 15, 2005
QA

I have facing problem regarding my telco system Netra 20. Problem is there is billing application running on the server & i can access it through telnet remotely. After somtime i can't access it through telnet or ftp, it shows that system is down but by getting display through serial port. I get the console login prompt. By running ps -ef or prstat command i can see at console that all the processes are at sleep mode. Now i can normalize the system by rebboting it. But same thing happen after some duration & all process repeat again & again. Kindly help me out for solving the above issue.
Thanking You

check your /var/adm/messages file for potential errors
you may have space problems
so: df -k
possibly lack of swap, maybe root is filling up
check for core files
find / -name core 2>/dev/null

Sounds like your running out of paging space.

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back