Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Processes getting disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahatmt

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
US

I used Oracle Developer 6.0 with Oracle DBMS 8.05. I have been running Developer 6.0 with Win2000 for months but this week I switched to a different PC.

I now getting the following error (in the sqlnet.log file) after running a form, or after running a SQLPlus command.

I reinstalled the products but I am still getting the errors.

Any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fatal NI connect error 12203, connecting to:
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle80)(ARGV0=oracle80ORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\ORANT\BIN\ifbld60.EXE)(HOST=BCTN-10895)(USER=mjmahathy))))

VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
Time: 13-FEB-04 13:29:13
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
nr err code: 12203
TNS-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
ns main err code: 12560
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
ns secondary err code: 0
nt main err code: 530
TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
nt secondary err code: 0
nt OS err code: 0

As I can see you're trying to connect to local database. Do you have it installed on the same box? If not I think you should tune your sql*net (edit tnsnames.ora/sqlnet.ora)

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back