Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Process 52... c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwinGene

Programmer
Sep 2, 2003
US
I'm running a stored procedure, and when it finishes I get the fatal exception error in the subject line. I have traced through the stored procedure, and it seems to complete normally, so it looks like this error is generated after the stored procedure completes, but before control returns to the calling process. The error happens when the stored procedure is called from both DTS and Query Analyzer.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

Please post the FULL error and the SP if possible.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Full Error Message:

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 52 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION SQL Server is terminating this process.

I can't post the stored procedure for proprietary reasons. Suffice to say that I have put statements into the stored procedure at strategic points which insert a message into a test table. These messages are inserted normally all the way through the stored procedure to the very end. Also, the stored procedure contains @@Error checks after every table update statement. A trappable error never occurs during the processing of the stored procedure.

There is no DB backup or Transaction Log backup statement in the stored procedure.

Are you using/calling any user-defined extended stored procedure calls?

Have you looked in the Windows Event log as well as the SQL Server Error log to see if there is any other information on this error that we can use to resolve it?

Thanks

J. Kusch

Take a look at the dump files that should be getting generated by this error. They may tell you something.

What is the stored procedure doing? Try to be as specific as possible.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back