Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

procedure question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCommDave

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
Have customer that has scattered locations. They want to upgrade MICS 4.1 to 7.1. I have KSU available here. Can I download programming from NRU remotely. Program the new software on local KSU using the downloaded information as a guide then ship software to location and replace software in that KSU or will the System ID present problems?

No you need to upgrade the KSU to 6.1 then upgrade to 7.1.

If its a remote site and there is an IT savy tech on site then have them do the upgrade, but backup the programming first in case of failure then you can restore via the RAD back to 4.1 and try again.

Programming is in the KSU and NVRAM

Upgrade will take them no longer than an hour depending on size. 10 minutess from 6.1 to 7.1 for 30 sets I would say.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I brought up the same point about upgrade and was shot down. I guess my real question would be can you program a system using one KSU and install that software cartridge in another KSU without problems aand retain the programming?

It would be great if you could but it's still no

If it was an 8X24 or as some people refer to them as 128 system
Works like a Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back