Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Procedure for updating BPS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
I have downloaded the latest software img for the BPS2000. How is it installed? Is there anything to be careful of? The switch is in a stack of 4.

First off, you will want to upgrade the switches as a stack, unless it is unable to participate in the stack right now.

In terms of upgrading the stack:

1)Download the code that you want to use (image and diagnostic file)
2)Fire up a tftp server app on your pc and point it to the directory that contains the files you DL'ed.
3)Telnet to the stack and log in.
4)Go to "software download" and in there, simply put the iamge name and the IP of your PC, then select "Start TFTP Load of New Image" and select software image.
5)After it reboots, repeat the same for the diagnostic files

Note that some versions of code may require you to default the swwitches after an upgrade.

Just a note to the provided process...

I believe it is recommended to do the diag image first, then the software image.

Hello.

I have a Business Policy Switch 2000 Autosensing (EU PSU), but unfortunately it has an old software version (pre-1.1). I have tried calling Nortel, but they offer NO support. Basically I need 1.1 to be able to then do the web update.
Please point me in the right direction

Do you have a Nortel support contract on the switch? If so, I can't think of any reason that they would reject support on it.

If you are going to upgrade though, go to the recent Boss code.

It is possible I am misunderstanding, but do you need old BPS200 code to upgrade to even newer code?

If so, ftp://ftp-support.baynetworks.com/pub/swcode/baystack/ethernet/buspolswitch/

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back