Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proc command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentIsland

Technical User
Nov 24, 2001
US
I'm not sure, but does the Aspect documentation suggest that it is not possible to pass parameters to the main proc call from the command line. I've written many time saving procs that I launch from Meta keys and they are like a dream come true, since I operate and administer a Message Switching appl from telnet sessions.

This might help. It's from the Aspect Online Help index "Predefined Variables". I found it by searching on "variables".

"Predefined variables have several uses. If Procomm Plus is executed with a command-line in which the first parameter is a script file name, with either a .was or .wax extension, the information following the filename will be parsed into individual options. Each option will be loaded into a predefined string variable, beginning with S0. Up to 10 options can be passed to the requested script in this manner. The predefined integer variable I0 will contain a count of the parsed options. The script can use the system variable $SCRIPTMODE to determine whether it was run from the command-line, and reference I0 for the number of options provided."

Haven't used it myself. Good luck.

John Purser

So I'm thinking slow these days. Instead of passing parameters to proc main you could have it open a .ini file and populate variables that way.

John Purser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back