Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiggyshag

Programmer
Dec 14, 2001
GB
HI

I have a small/large problem.

What I would like to do is this:

Over the Internet I would like people to be able to access thier share Using their login etc which is located on a diffrent server to the IIS.

Is this possible if so how

Sorry if this isnt an ASP questiion

Cheers

we really need a bit more information on the other server. do you have control of this server? is it ASP capable?

if you have control of the server and it is running ASP the short answer is yes. you would do exactly the same as you do on your own site, but put in an absolute URL passing the login details and collect them on the other side.

if you dont have access control of the other server then you can login by either passing a queryString (if this site uses them for login, which is unlikely). other than that the only thing i can think of to do is to somehow find out how their page collects the form details and pass the same variable names as they collect.

hope this is of help

Hi

Thank you for your time in answering my question.

Yes I have control of the server not sure what you mean by ASP capable.

Could you explain how i put in an absolete URL and pass the details to the over server.

Sorry im being a bit vague

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back