Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with Yahoo Intellisync and Truesync

Status
Not open for further replies.

letitiashen

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
US
Hello, I have been using Sidekick99 and truesync for years with my Visor. I have recently played with Intellisync from Yahoo to sync between Microsoft Outlook and Yahoo Calendar Web page. Yahoo web page said that Intellisync would not interfere with palm sync software, but they were wrong. Now I cannot sync between sidekick99 and Visor.

I have all my Sidekick data backed up
I removed Intellisync with Add/Remove programs
I have regular Truesync, not Truesync plus.
I have windows 98
I did a hard reset on my Visor so it is clean.
I called Handspring and they were able to get me to sync between palm desktop and Visor, but I can't get truesync to work.

When I run the truesync installation it says that "The Device Palm III/PalmPilot could not be accessed." "Please make sure that this client is installed correctly and/or you have specified the correct setup information."

Is there a web page for me to download truesync plus? Would this help me?
Is there another application I need to fix this problem?

Help, I am crying now. Letitia Shen

Dear Letitia Shen,
See the following page at the Starfish site:
(Remove the 8 c/r that I have inserted in the link so that this page does not get too wide)

bin/newsite.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?
p_sid=7WkRXOrg&p_lva=020604-000069&p_refno=
010622-000031&p_created=993242596
&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTE3NCZwX3
NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPTMmcF9wcm
9kX2x2bDE9MzcmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9MSZwX2NhdF9sdm
wxPX5hbnl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p
_li=

HTH Regards Jim

I tried to bring up this web site, but it stated, "Permission Denied, You do not have permission to access this document."
Letitia

Dear Letitia,
The reason that happened was that you left a space in the Link address.
Copy and paste the address from this Thread into Notepad and press CTRL and Home and that should bring you to the beginning of the address.
Go to Edit|WordWrap
and click on it only if it has a Tick
This disables WordWrap
now repeatedly press
End and then Delete
until you are at the end of the address then press Shift and Home to select the entire single line and then Copy the address and then paste into your Browser.
HTH Regards Jim

Letitia,
I meant repeatedly press End and then Delete ONCE each time! Regards Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back