Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Wireless Connectivity with Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rulbano

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2001
US
Hi there -

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. Let me tell you the set up first. Im running Windows 2000 Advanced Server, connected to a Linksys 4 Port Router and a Linksys Wireless Access Point. I have 3 PCs running Windows 2000 Professional, and all are working fine under the domain.

I have 2 Laptops - 1 Win XP and 1 Win 98, running wirelessly, and they two are running fine. Im trying to convert one of my desktops to wireless. I purchased a Linksys Wireless PCI Card (WDT11)& a Linksys Wireless Network Card (WPC11). I've installed all the necessary drivers, to which I get a message in the "Configuration Utility" that it is scanning for a signal. Meanwhile, my laptop is up and running wirelessly (So, I know its not the Access Point). Also, I already added the PC to the domain, by first setting it up, via LAN Cable.

So, my basic question is : Is anyone trying to setup their desktop w/ Win2000 wirelessly, and if so, what components are you using, and if it is Linksys, were you able to get it running wirelessly?

I can be reached at Ray.Ulbano@McCann.com .

Thanks

I currently have a desktop connected to a linksys router with access point. The desktop is using a d-link wireless adapter. No problems with the setup. Be sure you have the desktop's wireless card setup for an "infrastructure" connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back