Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Windows 2000 Professional clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rradersnya

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2003
US
For some reason, the clock on this specific machine keeps going forward one hour when the system is rebooted. When logged in as administrator, the clock is fine. When the use logs on, it pushes the time up one hour, whether or not I have the daylight savings option clicked.

Can anyone help???
Not a huge problem, but it does effect email time stamps and other important record keeping.

Thanks for your help!!

-Rob

just an idea...does that user's reg settings think they're in a different time zone?

JasonLord,

good question. Haven't checked that. Where in the reg settings does it have that info?

Still having the clock problems listed below. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

When the user is logged on, double click the clock (in the system tray) and check the time-zone setting. Even if it is correct, change it to something else, save/close/reboot. Then do it again, setting it correctly. This should rewrite the necessary setting for the user. (Just a thought.)

WW

Is this machine logging into a domain? I use a sync program to set my machine to the time keeping computers around the world. But when i bring my laptop into the office and log into my domain, then the clock goes forward almost 5 minutes because our domain server clock is fast. Is it possible the server is in the wrong time zone?

Good Luck

If this machine is logging into a Domain Controller (server), you (or whoever has access to the server) can write a simple login script (login.bat) that will sync its clock with the Domain Controller (or server's) clock. The login.bat would just use the command "net time /set /yes" and would be invoked any time a user would log on. This sets the user's clock to match that of the Domain Controller. The file "login.bat" would reside on the controller and be set up under the user's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back