Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with web enabling Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

aolb

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
GB
I am trying to set up some web reports using Crystal Reports 8.5.

I did this last year ok but now when I am running them I am getting the error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/pubs/include/AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, line 15

Invalid ProgID

The error indicates to me that it can't create a CrystalRuntime.Application object

Set session("oApp") = Server.CreateObject ("CrystalRuntime.Application")

but I have no problem running Crystal Reports itself.

Anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem?

Are you sure that you have a full installation of Crystal Reports on the server?

Marc Kozlowski

Yes, Crystal Reports Developer Edition, Full Install

Using my laptop the web server for development, windows 2000, last year was using Windows NT on my workstation.

Had a document from Crystal that had instructions of how to configure the server. This was web enabling without using Enterprise, basically creating a runtime version of Crystal and installing it on the server.

However, I can't find this document now and anyway I don't think I should need it as I have a full copy of Crystal Reports installed on the same machine as I am running IIS on.

Try re-registering craxdrt.dll by going to Start > run and typing:
regsvr32 [path]\craxdrt.dll
...or re-install Crystal Reports on the machine.

"I want to play..."
(Guess the X-Files episode!)

Try re-registering craxdrt.dll by going to Start > run and typing:
regsvr32 [path]\craxdrt.dll
...or re-install Crystal Reports on the machine.

I'll give a go but I am missing the mswcrun.dll. I'll try that first, fingers crossed, if I can get it from the Microsoft site!!!

I just installed CE 9 on a Win2000 server and am having this same problem. I re-installed CE. I looked for the craxdrt.dll mentioned, and could not find it on the server or the CD. I can get a report by addressing it directly, but I would like to use the rptserver.asp method.
Was a solution found to this? Is there a document that tells what must be installed to use the application object? (I searched the CR Knowledge Base and could not find one.)

There was a document on the Crystal solutions web site that I have now lost that instructs you how to manually install the Crystal componants on a machine that does not have Crystal reports installed. The reason for this is so you can run crystal reports from ASP pages.

In that document it told you to copy and register about 4 dlls, one of which was the craxdrt.dll. I just regestered them all and that solved my problem. I am using 8.5 developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back