Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with user category "user" on Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosta

Programmer
Jul 6, 2001
CZ
Hi everybody,
I have a following problem with BusinessObjects 5.1 on Windows 2000. Users of categories "administrator" or "power user" have no problems with running B/O. But user of a category "user" cannot run B/O. Using registry access monitoring application, I have found, that B/O requires access to many Windows registry items (not only in BusinessObjects sections), access to which is denied for a normal user. I tried to edit access rights with regedt32 manually, but for such a lot of items it is not a good solution. Is there a better way than to assign all the users a category "power user"?
Thanks in advance
Rosta

On the BO CD, there is a folder Setup/Win2000. There is a file AllowBO51-26-W2000.EXE. It must be run BEFORE BO is installed on a PC. It will open up to Full-Control the appropriate registry keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back