Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with two people using the same form in Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvtjd

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
I have an Access 2000 database that is on a share drive with 6 other people. If two or more people try and use the same form someone gets locked out. Is there a way of changing this?

If you mean with 'locked out', the person goes out of the database, it's not correct and you have to set the options to lock edited records.
If 'locked out' means only one user can edit a record I think that's correct, it's not great when 2 or more users edit a record at the same time....

By "locked out" I mean one person in entering information by using one form to enter information into one table. Another person is being prevented from using another form to enter data into another table in the same database.

If the second user can't get into the database at all then the first user has opened the database 'Exclusively'

another reason could be if you have this on a server which requires permissions for all the users to get to the db--all users must have read/change/delete access. if one has read access only and they open the db, no one else can get in.

if none of our suggestions work, is there an error message you can give us?

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back