Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with triplicating addresses during the sync process

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmac

MIS
Jul 7, 2000
US
We are starting to support the Handspring and are using EasySync to allow us to sync with Lotus Notes 5.
I have one user who cannot sync his calendar and just recently is having trouble syncing his Address Book. It starts off as if it is syncing ok, but it runs forever and the end result is triplicate entries in the Calendar and Addresses.

I have reinstalled all of the software, including Notes, the Palm software and Easysync. I have done hard resets of the Handspring so that I could start clean.

Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have seen this happen and as a matter of fact am having problems with this right now with the Palm Vx. Multiple hotsyncs have caused duplicate entries to be created on my calendar. I discovered that it was because I was hotsyncing the Palm with a different laptop than the user but to the same mailbox. This will cause duplicate entries to occur. I am now seeking a solution from Microsoft to automatically delete these duplicate occurrences as this person's calendar spans 7 years and is too large to clean out by hand.

There is a program for the Palms called Undupe. I believe you can get it from the Palm Web Site. I didn't actually try it, but I have it on hand in case the same problem occurs again.

In our case, we run Lotus Notes, apparently when you Hard-reset the Palm, you must also clear out all the pdamap.nsf files from the Palm folder on the computer. Likewise, if those files are deleted, then you must perform a hard reset on the Palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back