Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with totalling & rounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcl5

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Hi guys

Using Crystal 10 and Oracle 8i

I have a formula field which calculates the cost of an event using ({EVENT.EVENT_CHRG}*1.175). (£75.00 cost + VAT@17.5%)
My grouping is GH1 Business Name, GH2 Attendee Name, GH3 Event Number and the formula field sits on GH3 and works as expected. It is formatted to 1.00 decimal places and rounded to 0.01
This basically means that an attendee can book onto multiple events and what I need to do is produce an invoice for the payment.

I need the total so I am using a running total to sum the formula field resetting on GH1 and have formatted it exactly the same.

The problem is my GH3 line shows 2 rows of £88.13 but my company total is a penny out at £176.25. Other times it calculates perfectly, depending on the rounding.

Is there anyway I can force the calculations to always round in the same way.

Many thanks

jcl5

Are you saying you expect the result to add to 176.26? If you are rounding the fields contributing to the total, then 176.25 is actually the correct result. However, if you want to force it to appear as 176.26, then you will have to replace the contributing fields with:

round({@eventcost},2)

...and then insert a summary on that new formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back