Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Times Zone Between Remedy and Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barb58

MIS
Jan 29, 2008
US
I am Using Crystal Enterprise 10 and Crystal Reports 10. The problem I'm having is with reports which connect to the Remedy database. The Enterprise server is located in Washington DC and the Database is located in Oklahoma City. I am connecting to the middle tier of the Database through the Remedy ODBC. I have a login set up on the database side which is set to the Central Time Zone.

The only issue at this point is, when the reports run, all times in the reports are updated to Eastern Standard Time. When I open the database application with the same login I'm using for the ODBC to Crystal (which is set up for Central time) the database shows all the times in Central time. In order words, all the times in the reports are an hour off.

When I log in to the CE box, I use the admin account. As Far as running the reports, the ODBC connection logs into the Remedy DB and that login is set up for Central time. This happens whether I login and view the report in CE, or if I open the report in CR and refresh it. I still get the same results.

In other words, the ODBC does one thing when I use it to connect to Remedy and another when I use it to connect to the DB and run the reports through Crystal.

The reports on CE are scheduled and ran, there is no log in. No one is logging in and running the reports. They get sent a link to the instance of the report and I have a general named account embedded in the link so that when they click on it, the report just opens, so they don't have to login to CE.

When they get the link in the email , it is only to the Instance, it doesn't run the report, the report has already ran. Also, it does this in CR where there is no login to run the report, only the ODBC login to the DB which is set to central time. The General Named account is only so they dont have to login to the server to grab the latest instance of the report. There is no login on the Enterprise server to actually run the report except for the ODBC log into the database, which is set to Central time. I tried setting up a login for someone in central time on CE and had him log in and run the report, he got the same result. Everything was in Eastern Time.

I don’t know if this helps, but the only way I've ever gotten the report to run in central time was in CR when I changed the time zone on my CR box. Of course I can’t do that. I have tried on the CE server, changed the admin and GN account to central. It still ran giving eastern times. I can't change these logins permanently anyway as I have reports that run in the eastern time zone for people here, so even if it had worked, it wouldn't be a solution.

At first I thought it was something in the ODBC connection, but that can't be it either since the same login is used to log in to the DB when I'm here in eastern time, and the DB is showing me the times in the tickets as central time, so the ODBC connection is ok. It is something between the ODBC connection and the report running. Though I have no clue what that could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back