Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with the FORM tag spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markh51

Programmer
May 20, 2003
GB
Hi,

I need to use multiple forms like so:

<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; NAME=&quot;1&quot; VALUE=&quot;1&quot; CLASS=&quot;buttons&quot;></FORM>
<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;><INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; NAME=&quot;2&quot; VALUE=&quot;2 similar&quot; CLASS=&quot;buttons&quot;></FORM>
<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;><INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; NAME=&quot;3&quot; VALUE=&quot;3&quot; CLASS=&quot;buttons&quot;></FORM>
<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;><INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; NAME=&quot;4&quot; VALUE=&quot;4&quot; CLASS=&quot;buttons&quot;></FORM>
<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;><INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; NAME=&quot;5&quot; VALUE=&quot;5&quot; CLASS=&quot;buttons&quot;></FORM>

but I need all the buttons to be in ONE straight line, NOT on top of each other.The reason for the above code is because each button will have a different action.

Cheers.

put them in a table:

<table>

<tr>
<td><FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; NAME=&quot;1&quot; VALUE=&quot;1&quot; CLASS=&quot;buttons&quot;></FORM></td>
<td>etc...</td>
<td>etc...</td>
<td>etc...</td>
<td>etc...</td>
</tr>
</table>

Doh, why didn't I think of that :)

Cheers !

another thing you can use is set them to display inline.
Code:
<style>
form { display: inline; } /* all forms will be displayed in a line without breaks */
</style>
If you want to limit to just specific forms, make a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back