Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Terratec DMX SoundSystem on WIN2000: no drivers availble

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorang

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
AT
Owning this expensive PCI card with digital in/out, I realized after upgrading from WIN98SE to WIN2K that there are no drivers available for 2000 or XP. Terratec ( says this is because EES does not provide these drivers for its processor used on the card.

So what? Did anybody find a solution for this problem? Maybe some genius did home-program a driver =0) ?

Right now I am trying to install a WIN98SE on my WIN2K machine on a DUAL BOOT basis. But lemme tell ya, this is HARD WORK!

Hi Enkrypted,

The exact name of the board is "DMX Advanced Audio Accelerator".

On the terratec website this is simply "DMX"

There are other DMX cards WITH appropriate drivers, but their names are extended, like

"DMX Fire blabla" or "DMX 1024 blabla"

Here is a detailed review of my card with all the specs:
I contacted Terratec Support. They were friendly but told me that WIN2K does not support the processor on this card, and they therefore do not have drivers for 2K/XP.

The processor is "ES1970 Canyon3D" by Ess Technology Inc., and this is their driver site:
They say: "contact the manufacturer of your board for drivers" ...

As it seems there will be no drivers available, I settled for the OS solution and created a Dual-Boot system with WIN98 and WIN2K.

The sound card works well in WIN98, and for the rest I use WIN2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back