Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with table name over odbc connection..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwylde

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
GB
Hi - i've currently got php scripts accessing my paradox v7 database [via odbc] working nicely. However i've one main problem - one of the tables i want to access is actually called 'order' - i didn't create this table and i can't change the name - however when i try to access the table from my php script i.e. 'select * from order' it craps out with an error 'Syntax error in FROM clause' which is obviously because 'order' is a reserved keyword - i've tried wrapping the order name in quotes [single and double] also ticks ` - however i still get errors and the data is not returned - does anyone know a solution to this? - b.t.w. other queries on the database work fine.

Thanks, Martin.

Have you tried

select * from "order.db"

(note specifically including the .extension)

??

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back