Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with starting the blackberry services

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpadilla

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2002
US
I have installed Blackberry ENT serve on a windows 2k server using exchange 2k. The installation went on fine, i've created the MAPI account with proper account rights prior to the blackberr server install. Once the server is rebooted the blackberry services do not start, i get error code 5302 which on the blackberry site tells me that there might be some misconfiguration regarding the mapi account. I have re-verified this which seems to me ok as well as reinstalled the software 2x already with no luck. Any Ideas??

thanks.

Did you try to run the FIXMAPI.exe ? When you install the BES at the point it asked you the name of the BES, there was a number 1 behind the name of the BES which may lead to wrong mapi, the No1 added by default represented BES server No1. Go back and check it again. Good luck, this is all I can think of for now. let me know hod you go anyway.

Hey thx. I figured out my whole problem. I was installing the server as Administrator when you're supposed to create the BESAdmin user and then log into the server as this user and install the software so that the install syncs in with active dir.

thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back