Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with SQL Server 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertoMexicali

Programmer
May 2, 2003
MX
Hi all, we have this problem with sqlserver 2005: the auntoincremental doesn't work, no matters if we try insert from a browse o from code using access.file.insert() the autoincremental field is always 0 and don't let us save the record

If we change to another database in sqlserver 2000 or 2003 it works fine, with code and direct from browse buttons...any tip?

we are using clarion 6.3 and sql server 2005 express

thanks in advance

Hi!

Are you using Auto-Incrementing in Clarion by setting the Key property OR defining the column as an IDENTITY column in SQL?

For retrieving SQL IDENTITY columns, have you set up the dictionary accordingly i.e. set the Column Option IsIdentity as True.

Read "Server Side Auto incrementing in Clarion 6.3 SQL file drivers" in the help for more info.

Regards

Hi ShankarJ,

originlly, the tables were tps and the autoincremental were setting on key properties, later, the tables were migrated to sql with identity-columns, is a big monster application, so many parts of code were made thinking in clarion-tps so we have to change the code from time to time while we're detecting problems

i didn't notice that new option, i will try with that property

thanks again, regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back