Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with site using Netscape and older IE browsers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewcarter

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
The website I'm working on, is giving me a problem in older IE and Netscape browsers. Netscape is dropping the last button under my header and pushing everything over. Older versions of IE is just pushing everything over. I'm not sure what to add in the script. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephen

Which versions of the older browser are you referring to? If you mean version 4.x and earlier of both browsers, you'll find that only small a fraction of a percent of your viewers are using those browsers. I believe it's not worth writing to include those browsers any longer.

Lee

You don't seem to be having much success with your questions here - I see you have asked 11 questions, but not said Thank you once, nor marked any of the answers given as useful. If all the answers you get are no good, then read faq222-2244 which will show you how to ask better questions. If you are getting useful answers it will explain how to respond.

For this question the site looks as if it's been cobbled from a template of some kind. It doesn't even work in modern browsers, like FF2. Start by using a validator ( and get rid of the 20 validation errors. Then sort out the correct widths for your ul and li elements in your navbar.

Then come back with any further questions. [smile]

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back