Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with shipnotenum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiRRo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2003
NL
Hi people,

I will tell you the problem I am facing with. I have a level shipnotenum. I put this level in my time dimension so when we drill down to level day we can see the shipnotenums at that day. Its working fine but not perfect, the reason is that I also get the shipnotes of 2001,2002 on that day when I am drilling down on 2003. Why does he shows the shipnotenums of 2001,2002 when I am drilling down on 2003????? I hope anyone can help me out because I am stuck on it.

Cheers,

MiRRo

MiRRo,
If you don't have a 'year' level in the date dimension, then the level will bring back all numbers for that day, irrespective of year.
lex

Hi drlex,

I have a year dimension. My date dimension is like this:
Year
Quarter
Month
Week
Day
Shipnotenum

Cheers,

MiRRo

Murat

I would put Ship note # as a separate dimension as it is not related to time at all. Then drill down to the time you want & use the intersect in PP. Just drag the order details dimsension over to the main area after setting up a date filter/ drill down.

Cheers
Bruce

PS did you ever look up Monarch? I am not using Cognos at all now. Email me.

Hi Cognosprofessional,
How do I eliminate duplicate rows? I tried to read about it but could not find any info. Do you mean with "need unique to year" that I should make year unique. In my model I already set all dates on unique.

Hi Bruce,

I will mail you today.

MiRRo,
For this to occur, you must be sourcing data which has the shipnotenum and 'wrong' dates. Can you modify the filter on the iqd or SQL to look at the data source(s) for one of the shipnotenums with 'wrong date'? If you have multiple data sources, it's not unusual to find you've got an erroneous association arising from a duplicated date field.
lex

Hi drlex,

I checked my iwr, wich I use as iqd. The data in my iwr is right. I cant see a shipnotenum in 2002 which has the same shipnotnum in 2003. Can I also modify the filter on the iqd at Transformer level??? I have multiple data sources, how can I check if I have an erroneous assocation.

Cheers,

MiRRO

MiRRo,
You can't change the iqd in transformer; use notepad or change the imr and resave the iqd.
To check associations, in the transformer model, select the dimension map and then edit>show scope. Now click on the Data Sources radio button and go through all your sources, checking which are defined directly, indirectly or not at all. If you are certain that the main data source is only bringing in correct data, then there must be another source at fault.
lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back