Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Sharepoint2003/Project2003 and Cisco VPN Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiller

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
DK
Hi

I have a Sharepoint 2003 integrated with Project 2003 and everything seems to work fine. One of my users now complain about problems connecting from home using Cisco VPN client. He receives a "This page cannot be found" when entering the URL which is working at the office.

I also have a ISA server but both Sharepoint and the ISA have no external addresses as they are not used for that purpose.

Does anyone have any clues what to do?

Hello,

It does sound like there is a problem with the name resolution. My experiences with VPN conenctions is that the client does not get the right DNS (or do not use DNS at all to resolve names).
An easy fix is to put in an entry in the clients HOSTS file located in %Systemdrive%\windows\system32\drivers\etc

put in the IP address and the name of the server in the hosts file on the client running the VPN.

Regards,
Thomas

Hi
Thanks for reply. The server did not have the NETBIOS configured and that caused the problem.

It now runs perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back