Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems With Setting Up Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanropp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2001
US
One of my employees works at home and I set her up to connect to run our accounting program via citrix. When I logged in for the first time for her laptop, the printer did not auto create. I went to manually add printer and upon clicking on the printer I get the following message:

"You do not have sufficient access to your machine to connect to the selected printer"

The user is using windows xp home addition and is an admin on that computer. I tried logging in as the admin on the local machine and was still getting the error. Thinking maybe it had something to do with permissions on the citrix server, I logged in as myself (an admin), and still got the same message. Does anyone have any clue as to why I would be getting this? Is it talking about permissions on the local machine or with citrix? We are using metaframe xp 1.8 I think.

Ryan

Here is a though.
Does your domain loggin name have administrator permissions to her machine?
If not then had it to the local administrative group, and try again.
Also make sure the user in question and yourself are not part of a group policy that restricts some actions from being performed for those will override your administrative previleges.
Also make sure that the printer driver loaded on the server is the same as the one on the XP machine, it has to be the same version, especially on a 1.8 evironment.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back