Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Seagate 8G travan drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkp325

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
I am using yosemite tapeware version 6.30 sp2b and an 8GB TRAVAN drive for a daily backup. Every now and then it will write about 100 items to the tape in the drive and then it will say improper media and demand a specific tape in my backup set. If I insert the tape it wants the job will finish. the next time it run it wants the tape from the day before with the 100 items on it and sometimes it runs and sometimes it'll say improper media. I have tried deleteing the media set and starting over. I am alomost to the point where i am going to create a job for each day and assign the tape to it. Am I the only one with this trouble. I am about to upgrade my tape drive but i would hate to still have these problems. Thanks in advance.

I have a simular problem, in that the Monday through Wednesday backups are fine, but it does not like the Thursday and Friday tapes. They were all formatted and named the same way. They all live in /Home/Admin. The job is set up to look in /Home/Admin but it still fails on Thrus and Friday. Thanks for any help you might give.

I also have the same problem. It writes mon-wed and gives me an error (incorrect media) and askes me to change media. Any help would be appreciated.

Most likely it is the type of schedule you are running. If you run any of the canned (pre-defined) schedules, it has to have the tape it is expecting. You could try deleting all the media from the database, but if you don't really care which tape is in the drive, just run a schedule type of manual. It still runs automatically, it just doesn't have any requirements (like specific tapes) to get the job to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back