Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with running BO 5.1.7 on w2k SP3 along side McAfee anti-virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2002
GB
Does anyone know a solution for the following:-
When BO 5.1.7 server products are installed on a w2k SP server that already has McAfee anti-virus & their ePolicy software installed (disabled during install) I get the following errors:-

1) Application Popup: WIClusterManager.exe. Application error: The application failed to initialize properly.

2) When accessing the WebI administrator :- Cluster Manager doesn't have privileges to perform a login
(All permissions has been set correctly)

3) The Disk Management software is no longer accessable.

When the BO software is install before the anti-virus software it works fine but the anti-virus software cannot be install correctly and the Disk Management software becomes inaccessable

Any advice would be much appreciated
Tony

Interesting..... I've not been able to make 5.1.7/2.7.3 work with SP3. I've found that SP2 is fine with all the hotfixes loaded.

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

which version of mcafee? with the netshield 4.5 engine there's no problem at all. however, simply disabling mcafee during the install should work fine.

I've install 5.1.7 on sp3 and then added patches for blaster and the latest IE patch. All is working fine.

tmp.Worldwide
Business Objects 5i
Systems Integrator
Pfizer Global Research and Development

We are running McAfee 7.0.0 along with their ePolicy software.

I have noticed that they is alot of hotfixes which state pre SP4, do you think this could be a problem

Thanks for your help
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back