Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with "ghost callers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordhouse

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2004
US
4412d+ phones are ringing non-stop - We are on 3.0.40 for about a week now without problems until now. Some phones continuously ring, no activity in call status, unplugging the phone, taking it off the hook, nothing works except rebooting the switch. What is going on!

Have experienced the same when no appearance buttons on ds phones, but has just happened on an analogue ext as well

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

We have an IP406V2 on V3.0 software with 2420 phone. We have experienced the same problem. The only solution we have found is to reboot the phone system. A permanent solution would be great.

We have had similar experiences. We found that there was some correlation between the "ghost" rings to the "Main" and errors logged on the T1. Though the provider says the T1 is clean now, we still are getting an occasional "ghost" ring.

I remember way back to 1.3 days where if a user had a *DCP entry in his user profile on the short code tab that, per Avaya, "goofy SH*T" would happened. I would check to make sure there are no entries like that in there. I had two systems where a bunch of DS phones that were connected to different modules would have the same ringing problem. After deleting the *DCP short codes and rebooting the ringing stopped and never happened again.

Board4aLiving [cannon]

Interesting idea Board4aLiving. I have a few users with *DCP entries in their ShortCodes. What are the *DCP entries for?

Actually I'm not sure. Avaya still has not confirmed what they mean. I have heard that they have something to do with certian features that the user can toggle through the menu. When sonething is toggled on, it logs a *DCP entry in the short code field of the user profile. I tested this to no avail

Board4aLiving [cannon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back