Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with port forwarding pix 501 ver 6.3(1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2002
US
I trying to forward port 9090 to my internal(192.168.1.5) server (web) this is what I set my apache server as due to port 80 being blocked by ISP.

works fine from inside.

here is my access-list

sh access-list
access-list cached ACL log flows: total 0, denied 0 (deny-flow-max 256)
alert-interval 300
access-list 100; 1 elements
access-list 100 line 1 permit tcp any interface outside eq 9090 (hitcnt=6)

and here is my static

sh static
static (inside,outside) tcp interface 9090 192.168.1.5 9090 netmask 255.255.255.
255 0 0

From outside I cannot get to the site. Can someone help

Thanks

Hi,
I am not an expert but I think you need an (access-group) statement to bind the access-list the outside interface.

Mike

That is correct. You need to apply the access-list to an access group. Try something like:

access-group "name" in interface outside

Where "name" is your access list name

> I trying to forward port 9090 to my internal(192.168.1.5) server (web) this is what I set my apache server as due to port 80 being blocked by ISP.
Then how do you know that port 9090 isn't blocked either???

Please provide more info - a blocked port 80 means that you have some filterring and maybe NAT device between your pix and the Internet.

> access-list 100 line 1 permit tcp any interface outside eq 9090 (hitcnt=6)
Maybe the problems is at the web server configuration.
Apache and the OS (Linux?) have access control rules at the host itself - you should check them.

What is the default gateway of the web server - is it the pix inside interface? Can you access the Internet from the web server?

Use syslog messages at the pix to see what's going on.

Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back