Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenatoServos

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
US
Hi, I'm having a very strange policy problem:
I created a policy for user logon in a file called scrip.bat that connects a shared folders:

net use f: /delete
net use f: \\server\sharedfolder /persistent:yes

I put this scrip under users logon and computer logon in the OU container that contains all users\computers, and with GPOResult I see this GPO applied for the users, BUT the folder is not in the "my computer". I also turned the users computer of and unpluged the network cable (impedance, hehehe) and still ... any sugestions?
GLEN?

They are stored in the C:\Winnt\SYSVOL folder, under sysvol...domain name...policies

For example: \\Nwtraders.msft\sysvol\Nwtraders.msft\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\MACHINE\Scripts\Startup

\\Nwtraders.msft\sysvol\Nwtraders.msft\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\MACHINE\Scripts\Shutdown

Hope this helps...[ponytails2]

I know where they are stored , but if they were applied , why can the user see/use the mapping ?

Did you set the security on the group policy for the everyone group to "Apply Group Policy"?

"but if they were applied , why can the user see/use the mapping ?"

Do you mean to say, "why can't the user see or use the mapping"?

I have never used GPOresult before, but if you have set the permissions on the Security tab of the GPO to READ and APPLY for the groups/Individuals that you would like this policy to apply to....then I'm not sure why it won't work.

Tried it here and had no problems...:)

Patty [ponytails2]

Just curious, why not put the script directly into the user accounts in ADU&C?

I have set read and apply for autenticatd users...

Did you try using "If not exist then" , before the net use command? A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

I tryed to add directly to the user, and was not able set the mapping for the users as Brontosaurus said,
and koquito, I've delete the mapping , if any in the first line anyway...
I also have my DHCP to give the clients 3 DNS in this orther:
domain server
external
external

I do know that if u dont put the domain server as your primary, you will not be able to set any policy, but will make any difference if I add other servers as secondery and so on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back