Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Page orientation of report on Windows 2000 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

33216CLC

Programmer
Aug 17, 2000
BS
This is strange. When I run a certain report from my program which was written in VB 6.0 on a Windows 98 system the page orientation changes to whatever orientation I choose from print setup (in my program). However, when I run my program from a Windows 2000 system, the print setup shows that I have made the change, but the report itself remains as it was prior to me changing the orientation. What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Cooleen [sig][/sig]

I think this thread was overlooked. Could someone please help me?

Cooleen [sig][/sig]

When you change the orientation of the report in code does it change the default orientation of the printer or the rpt file? [sig][/sig]

Thanks for answering this thread, Whagar.

I do not have code in my program that changes the page orientation of my reports. I have coded the program to use the default settings of the printer select. Below is the code I use for printer settings.

dlgCompany.Flags = cdlPDPrintSetup
dlgCompany.ShowPrinter
dlgCompany.PrinterDefault = True

I want to allow the users the choice of altering the printer settings, rather than hard-coding it. I usually did not have a problem with this in Windows 98, but Windows 2000, seems to be a bit different. I was wondering if there was a setting I could use in Crystal Reports to avoid this problem.

Thanks,

Cooleen

[sig][/sig]

If the crystal reports ocx is used, it will deal with the same common dialog for printing so I don't think that will change anything. The only thing that I can suggest is to check to make sure the default properties aren't selected for the printer and to try putting dlgCompany.PrinterDefault=True before you use the .ShowPrinter property. Unfortunately I am working on W95 so I can't duplicate this problem. [sig][/sig]

Hi Cooleen, it's me again. Go to Microsoft's site and search for this document 'PRB: Working with Print Dialog and Printer Object under NT 4.0'. It identifies this problem for Windows 2000 and describes how to use a Windows API instead.
Hope this helps,

Warren [sig][/sig]

Thanks Warren,

I'll try your suggestion and see what I can find on Microsoft's site

Thanks again,

Cooleen [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back