Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

misguy2

MIS
Sep 21, 2005
US

Here is the problem:

There is a OSI entity in Boston that is running an MRP application called Cimpac that requires you to run Windows 98. This company is trying to connect to the parent company, OSI Electronics, located in Camarillo, CA to get e-mails directly from the e-mail server but the Outlook 2000 they have installed will only allow them to see a POP/SMTP server and the y are not allowed to connect to Exchange directly. The Exchange server is Exchange 2000 and there are no problems with that server. The problem is when the Outlook was installed they only set it up for POP services. When I tried to reinstall the Outlook 2000, only the POP client will install. When I tried to upgrade them to Outlook 2003, Outlook 2003 does not install on Windows 98. I have seen this problem before and I forgot the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back