Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with NT backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2004
Hello all,
Im having an issue with NT backup. All I am doing is backing up user directories on the Domain Controller. When I run the backup manually it runs just fine, but when I schedule it it says in the report:

Backup Status
The operation was not performed because the specified media cannot be found.

----------------------

I have the drive that its going to is on another server but I have mapped it. Like I said, when I run it manually the job runs perfectly. I would prefer not to purchase a separate application if NT backup will work.

Thanks all

Mel

Can you post the command line you are executing in the scheduled task?

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Here is the command line:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.XXXXXXXXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\XXXXX_Backup.bks" /N "XXXXX_Data.bak.bkf created 9/23/2007 at 2:58 PM" /d "Set created 9/23/2007 at 2:58 PM" /v:yes /r:yes /rs:no /hc:eek:ff /m normal /j "XXXXX_Backup" /l:s /f "Y:\XXXX_Data.bak.bkf"

Just to let you know Im using the GUI to schedule the backups. Are there issues with using the GUI?

Thanks

Mel

Can i suggest you swap the name & decription for Daily as i have seen it cause an issue once before...although i think it was a Win2000 problems long ago.

Apart from that i cannot spot anything wrong with it.

What are the effective NTFS/Share rights on the output folder you have set?

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back