Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with NSRMMD service on openvms adn emc networker 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2012
US
Cannot find an available nsrmmd service for operation on device rd=blah....

Also rpcservice is not running on box. I inhereited this old beast and need to figure out to get these backups going. Can anyone give me some pointers? If I do a show dev I see my tape library or possibly tape device online. Not sure which.
EMC says I have to upgrade but the guy before me let maintenance fail so I have to get maintenance but that will take a coupe days for po to be created. Any help would be appreciated.

sho dev $2$gga0:

Device Device Error
Name Status Count
$2$GGA0: Online 0

your openvms box is a storagenode, which Version is and Os is your Networker server.

The Version aof your storagenode software is 6.x ?
So your networker server can not be of a newer Version.

On powerlink you find Openvms storagenode Version 7.3 you can test this Version with a newer Networker server version, but all Versions older than 7,3 will nit be compatible with any Networker Server newer than 7.2.2

I hope i got your problem right.

Networker server is ver 6.0 on win2k3 r2 as well as agent on openvms is 6.0. Openvms o/s version is 8.3
I have gone into nsr$system and can see the files out there but dont really know what to do with them. Its like the rcp service needs restarting or something.

RPC is mandatory so you better get this running. Then restart the NW client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back