Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Norton SystemWorks Premiere 2005 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barte

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
Purchased the noted version NSW for my PC and a regular SystemWorks 2005 for my HP laptop. On boot, I initially received message on both machines stating,"Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall". Proceded to do as advised-no solution. Now the message reads,"This MSI must be launched through setup". Also get error messages when Cleansweep is opened and sometimes opening Word in Office 2002. Tried Symantec tech support and they referred me to their knowledge base. Did as advised-no solution. Now they will not respond to my inquiries. Next year will try another company, but need help now so I can keep sane until my current subscription runs out. Thanks

Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it. I started looking at your links and decided to suck it up and scrap Norton. I have had good experiences with their products in the past, but the SystemWorks 2005 is a piece of you know what. Decided to purchase AVG Pro. So far everything is working fine. I ran across this company through one of your links. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back